Introduction: The North Carolina Association for Middle Level Education has created a series of modules for literacy continuing education credits. Each module should take about 10 hours to complete and is valued as one continuing education credit. Each individual will need to begin with Module One and then can choose after that from the different modules. These CEU modules can be used as literacy credits toward licensure renewal.
All Modules Require: When Kids Can’t Read by Kylene Beers. Heinemann Press: Portsmouth, NH. ISBN No. 0-86709-519-9 (Bookfinder Search to Purchase)
- Module 1: Setting The Stage (Required before other modules) [1 CEU]
Then choose from:
- Module 2: Explicit Instruction [1-CEU]
- Module 3: Teaching Students “How” to Comprehend Text [1-CEU]
- Module 4: Recipe for Effective Vocabulary Instruction [1-CEU]
Rules and Procedures:
- Candidates will pay for and receive their modules for credits. Upon receipt of payment, NCMLE will forward the appropriate module to you via e-mail.
- Candidates will have 60 days to complete module(s) and authenticity form, and return them to NCMLE.
- Within thirty days after receipt of the module(s), NCMLE will send certificate of renewal credits or letter stating standards haven’t been met for module completion.
- Candidates may only pay for and complete modules once for renewal credit. Failure to do assignments or to meet minimum expectations (not answering questions or creating adequate products) will result in no renewal credit being issued.
- No feedback will be given on assignments.
General Information about Assignments:
- All work should be word-processed (preferred) or printed very neatly. Inability to read work will result in no renewal credit being issued.
- Work may be submitted electronically. Work should be printed out.
Cost for members of NCMLE (including both individual memberships and institutional memberships) is $35 per module. Cost to non-members is $50. Interested in joining NCMLE to take advantage of this and other member benefits? Join online or print out a membership form and mail or fax it in. Annual memberships are typically renewed in June/July of each year. If you are unsure about your individual/institutional status please feel free to check with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to do this for a large group- contact us with the details for a group rate at email@example.com .
Intersted in participating? Register and pay below.