Reach every student. Grow professionally. Create great schools.
NCMLE actively promotes academic excellence, developmental responsiveness, social equity, and effective organizational structures and processes. One of the many ways we fulfill this mission is by recognizing dedicated professionals for outstanding and purposeful work with adolescent learners.
Nominations now being accepted for:
1. Administrator to Watch (school-based administrator working with middle school students)
2. Central Office Personnel to Watch (serves middle school students via a central-based position)
3. Digital Teaching and Learning Educator to Watch (an educator who leads in providing engaging and
innovative opportunities for students to learn in a digitally enabled classroom)
4. Higher Education Professional to Watch (working on middle school issues in the post-secondary setting)
5. Ken C. McEwin Award (professional demonstrating dedication to middle school concepts over the course of a successful career)
6. School-based Support Personnel to Watch (support person working in a middle school)
7. SEL Educator to Watch (an educator who supports and enhances the social and emotional learning needs of students)
8. Social Equity Educator to Watch (an educator who leads social equity advancements in a school and/or district)
9. Teacher to Watch (certified, full-time middle school teacher)
10. Teaching Team to Watch (a group of school-based professionals collaborating to serve middle school students)
The nomination process will close December 1, 2020. Awards will be presented in Spring 2021.
To advocate for the middle school concept.
NCMLE strives to help create and support high-performing schools with middle grades that are:
Due to the ongoing pandemic situation and school district travel restrictions, we regrettably canceled the 2021 conference.
Information about virtual professional development opportunities coming Fall 2020!
The NCMLE Journal is a double-blind, peer-reviewed journal published three times each year (Fall, Spring, and Summer). The Journal publishes manuscripts on a variety of topics related to the education of young adolescent learners and effective leadership. NCMLE partners with the National Forum to Accelerate Middle Grades Reform for nationwide distribution.