To advocate for the middle school concept.
To achieve our mission, we will engage in these activities:
- Planning and hosting professional development.
- Coaching, sharing and modeling best practices.
- Hosting an annual conference that adds value to the lives of attendees.
- Publishing work related to the middle school concept.
- Encouraging membership in our organization.
- Encouraging participation in the Schools to Watch Program.
- Collaborating and communicating with NCDPI, District Level, RESA, NCPAPA, NCPOMLE, AMLE and The National Forum to Accelerate Middle-Grades Reform.
- Increasing communication with principals.
- Establishing regional contacts.
- Identifying areas/districts lacking representation in NCMLE and target them specifically.
- Securing grants to fund development opportunities.
To ensure success, NCMLE Board Members commit to:
- Being a member of NCMLE through a school level or individual membership.
- Attending Board Meetings unless family emergency or work circumstances prevent it.
- Acknowledging, reading and/or responding to emails, texts, and calls within 48 hours.
- Being prepared for meetings by reviewing materials ahead of time and preparing reports/activities you are scheduled to lead.
- Being resourceful by being a good steward of NCMLE time and resources.
- Being a team player and support each other’s work.
- Supporting the work and expectations of the Schools to Watch Program.
- Maintaining a positive attitude towards the work of the Board.
- Keeping the good of the group ahead of personal thoughts/opinions.
- Exhibiting professionalism at all times.